Wednesday, July 2, 2008

All systems go!

Live and running. Thanks for taking the time to check out my first blog. Not too interesting yet, huh? Well, I have just finished reading and skimming Will Richardson's book "Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts..." (the rest of the title is just too long, so you will have to read my full book review to find out what comes after the ellipses) and have come to learn nearly everything I could have through a book about blogging. So, now I am floating my ideas in cyberspace, fully cognizant that whatever I write will follow me throughout my e-profile like a bad comment on a presidential campaign, popping up a million times on YouTube or the local news. Given that the best learning is done by doing: I do, I learn, I redo, I relearn, I yearn to learn to not redo. All comments are welcome.

Chris Petrini

2 comments:

Life Learner said...

Hey, I like what you wrote: "Given that the best learning is done by doing: I do, I learn, I redo, I relearn, I yearn to learn to not redo." That's it in a nutshell! I like your writing style. Lori

Blighty&CA said...

Chris, I enjoyed your book review. I'm also taking ENGL 403 this term and last week we looked at the communication capabilities of bees - so Richardson's words resonated. Clever bees not only communicate the source and amount of food they have discovered but the direction it's to be found in and the distance away from the hive - and all through a dancing round the hive. I suppose we still have a lot to learn from nature. Thanks for a very interesting blog.